This Weekend! Bourbon Barrel Aged Beer Release! Plus more Brew & Farm News!
Happy Thanksgiving! Extend your Thanksgiving celebration by stopping out to our brewery this weekend, because our Bourbon Barrel Aged stout will be back on tap! "Vladimir", our 12% ABV Russian Imperial Stout, was aged in a Buffalo Trace bourbon barrel for 6 months. This beer will be back on tap for your 6-oz glass fills to enjoy here or to-go growler fills on Nov 24, 25, and 26. We'll be open our regular hours this weekend: Fri 4-9, Sat 12-9, and Sun 12-5!
There are just a few remaining veggie pickup weeks in the 2017 CSA for farm members: - weekend of Nov 24: Group B half-share members & full-share members - weekend of Dec 1: Group A half-share members & full-share members - weekend of Dec 8: Group B half-share members & full-share members
Visit our Brewery & Taproom!!! Open Fridays 4-9 pm, Saturdays 12-9 pm, and Sundays 12-5 pm - visit our web site for location, directions, and more: www.WishfulAcresFarm.com.
Tap Room & Store In our Tap Room this weekend, open Fridays 4-9 pm, Saturdays 12-9 pm, and Sundays 12-5 pm, we will be pouring fresh from our taps:
Vladimir - our 12% ABV Russian Imperial Stout, aged in a Bourbon Barrel for 6 months!
Cherry Ale - a sweeter-style fruit beer
Swamp Monster I.P.A. - Really Hoppy! Collaboration I.P.A. brewed with 3 breweries: Wishful Acres, Pig Minds, and Generations
Belgian Dreams - a dark amber color, brewed with amber honey, candied ginger, Belgian yeast!
Unicorn Tears - copper colored ale made with rare New Zealand hops
Alderaan IPA - full of citrus hops!
Honey Wheat Ale - Mild & very drinkable
Homemade Root Beer (non-alcoholic)
In addition to fresh beer by the glass, we also have growler fills available for carry-out!
- November 23, 24, 25 - Barrel Aged Beer Release Weekend! The weekend after Thanksgiving, we'll be tapping the remaining kegs of "Vladimir", our 12% ABV Russian Imperial Stout, which we barrel aged for 6 months in a Buffalo Trace bourbon barrel! Fri 4-9, Sat 12-9, Sun 12-5!
- Sunday, December 3, 1:00-3:00 pm - "Brew & Brush" with local artist Mia
Rudolph! Create your own beautiful painting. (SOLD OUT)
- Sunday, December 10, 1:00-3:00 pm - "Brew & Brush" with local artist Mia Rudolph! Create your own beautiful painting. Sign up here on our web site online store or in our taproom during open hours. (This 2nd date was added after 1st date sold out)
- Saturday, December 16, 6:30-8:30 pm - live acoustic music by our friend "Sean Huguenin"! Sean will be playing an acoustic set featuring hard rock as well as some Christmas rock songs! A very talented guy!
- Sunday, December 17, 2:00 - Fun live Christmas concert by music teachers! We'll have several staff members of the music departments singing & playing some instruments. This should be a fun time, come & watch our sons' teachers put on a concert of their own!
- Sunday, December 24 - We will be CLOSED this day for Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas!
Brew & Brush!
Welcome all levels of painting abilities! In this class, you will create a 16" x 20" painting with acrylic on canvas! Mia will guide you through the process of painting this subject, pictured here, of a beautiful colorful winter scene. The canvas, supplies, and door prize are all provided in the cost of your class.
About the artist instructing your class: Mia Rudolph is a local artist who works in acrylics, color pencil, and other mediums. She is a full-time school nurse and has 3 children. Mia attended WIU and studied studio art. It is Mia's colorful artwork that we have on display in our taproom here at Wishful Acres Farm & Brewery!
Pre-registration for this class is required. Class costs $29 and includes all materials (canvas, paint, instruction). You can sign-up and pay through our online store (link below), or in-person at our taproom during open hours.
Our 30-member CSA Program (Community Supported Agriculture) is a membership program in which members become "shareholders" in the farm's seasonal vegetable production & receive a "share" of the farm's organic produce for our full 22-week-long season! To learn more: http://www.wishfulacresfarm.com/csa-program .
CSB Members (Community Supported Brewery)
Quick news item: The 2nd Year CSB program is now open!!! Those wishing to purchase a membership, visit our web site CSB page for details.
Available for your CSB Growler Fills this weekend:
Swamp Monster IPA
Our "Beer Share", aka CSB Program (Community Supported Brewery) is an ongoing membership program that offers members a 1-year supply of growler fills of our beer, plus more benefits. Info: http://www.wishfulacresfarm.com/csb-program .
New Snack Food available in our brewery!
We're expanding our food offerings! This German-style Soft Pretzel Plate is now available anytime during our open hours! This soft pretzel is served warm with 3 dipping sauces: Dijon Mustard, Honey Mustard, and Spicy Brown Mustard. Delicious with a pint of our beer!!!
Where to Buy our Beer:
Our beer is available for purchase at the following locations:
Our Taproom! Wishful Acres Farm & Brewery, located between Freeport & Lena - Visiting Info
Thank you & Best Wishes from Wishful Acres Farm & Brewery! Open Fridays 4-9 pm, Saturdays, 12-9 pm, and Sundays 12-5 pm Tap room & store located on our farm at 4679 N. Flansburg Rd, Lena IL You can contact us at: email@example.com or 815-990-2380