Here are pics of the pumpkin chili that everyone enjoyed from last week's farm fresh newsletter. Have you made a batch yet?
- 1 pound pork sausage, cooked
- 1 12-ounce bottle dark beer
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups cooked mashed pumpkin or other winter squash
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 medium white onions, diced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch kale or swiss chard, stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
Cook sausage, brown onions & peppers and garlic in canola oil. Add pumpkin, beer, tomatoes, and kale. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 30 minutes. Add seasonings - chili powder and salt to taste. To serve, pour into a bowl and stir in a good spoonful our sour cream or plain yogurt.
Thanks for visiting the All Natural Mama blog, home to Wishful Acres Organic Farm!