I've chosen for you, my wonderful readers, an Emerilware 12-inch cast-iron skillet. It is manufactured in the USA (really!) by All-Clad and even uses American metals in the manufacturing process. American-made! What a bonus! The skillet retails for $31.
You've seen me cooking with cast iron in plenty of postings here on the All-Natural-Mama blog. I love cast iron. Not only is it completely durable, lasting many lifetimes over, it's natural to cook with! Our ancestors knew best. When cast iron is kept property seasoned, your foods won't stick to it. Think of it as the all-natural Teflon, without the nasty side effects of Teflon. Also, the iron found in the skillet seeps into your food, giving you an extra healthy dose of iron for your day. You can use cast iron on the stovetop and oven.
Here's how to win!(1 entry for each of these you do, up to 3 entries per person!)
1. Post a comment below.
2. Sign up to become a "follower" of this blog. (then post a comment telling me you've done this)
3. Post a link to this posting from your own blog, or forward this post on to someone else. (also then post a comment below, telling me you've done this)
If you enter 3 times, you should have 3 comments posted below. Sound good?
The contest will be left open for 1 week, ending next Friday, February 5. The winner will chosen by number randomly from a hat by my sons. Gotta give them their fun, too. :-)
Here are the specifications for this pan:
This 12" cast iron skillet can last a lifetime and become a family heirloom to be passed down through generations! It can hold up to high heat cooking or long, slow simmering, perfect for preparing meals. The skillet can avoid chipping and warping while developing a non-stick pre-seasoned surface. Also available in 10" size.
- 12" cast iron made for high heating cooking
- Excellent heat retention - keeps food warm at table
- Perfect for browning, searing, frying, and sauteing
- Heats evenly and consistently
- No warping or chipping
- Becomes virtually non-stick with seasoning and use
- Pre-seasoned pan surfaces and oven safe up to 600F
- Heirloom quality with signature thumb rest
- Large, extra-long handle and easy-to-grip side "helper" handles
- Lifetime warranty
- Overall Dimensions: 3" H x 12" D
Here are details about Emerilware:
Emerilware is the brand of gourmet cookware created by celebrity Chef Emeril Lagasse with All-Clad Metal crafters, America's premier cookware brand. Whether cooking at his internationally acclaimed restaurants or on his phenomenally successful TV show, Emeril Lagasse is known for his unrivaled standard of culinary excellence. Now everyone can own cookware that is the Essence of Emeril.
The Emerilware Collection is marked by two forms of genius. Each piece is made to All-Clad's high standards for quality, performance and design as well as inspired by Emeril's passion for cooking and entertaining. The different types of cookware materials range from stainless, to hard-anodized, cast iron and specialty products. The collaboration has been a thing of beauty and perfection. With a lifetime warranty, welcome to the best of all possible worlds.
Thanks for visiting the All-Natural-Mama blog, home to Wishful Acres Organic Farm!