I created this apron to be auctioned off at a local benefit. I read about this family in our local newspaper and it broke my heart. The benefit is to raise money for the family's medical bills, which I'm sure are large. Their baby is fighting for it's life after being born with a genetic heart defect.
The apron was made of cotton fabric, a black background with small white polka dots and bright red cherries.
I didn't use a pattern on this one. The top portion of the fabric is elasticized, which worked out great for the top portion of the apron. I decided to create the apron in an empire waist to better meld with the elasticized top.
For the waist and neckbands I used a simple satin black ribbon.
I think this is one of my favorites so far! I bought extra fabric to make more of these to sell.