Do you know the benefits of joining the Wishful Acres Farm CSA Program? Here are a few!
- Washed, ready-to-eat produce. Did you know all of the food in our CSA share, including salad greens, is washed and ready-to-eat? All items that can be bagged are provided as such, and it's all ready-to-go straight into your refrigerator!
- Weekly Newsletter & Recipes. CSA Members receive an email newsletter every week, listing the items in that week's share, some recipe ideas, and weekly news from the farm.
- USDA Certified Organic. We go above & beyond organic, and as a guarantee to our customers that we are "truly organic", we pay over $1,000 each year, and spend dozens of hours on the paperwork & inspections, to have our farm USDA Certified Organic! Every single vegetable, herb, fruit, garden plant, micro-green, etc. that we grow on our farm is certified organic.
- Large Share, Great Price. While all CSA Programs operate on the pre-paid model, they are not all the same. Our program is extra long (30 weeks), offers 2 options based on frequency & budget (half share and full share), and is quite big - providing at least 10 items per share, and typically 1 bushel basket's worth of food. Our CSA share price, when broken down, is just $36 per share. You can view our video from last year's program here, which shows every share from 2014!
- Farm Access. We're not open to the public, only to CSA Members. CSA Members pick up their shares right here at our farm. They have the ability to see the food being grown, walk the gardens, ask questions, and enjoy the beautiful countryside & rolling hills on their drive out (we're less than 10 miles from Freeport, and 5 from Lena).
- Flexible Pickup if Needed. We know people are busy, especially in the summer! We've always been flexible with our CSA Members who needed to reschedule a pickup time. With the construction of our huge walk-in refrigerated cooler last year, we have the ability to be even more flexible. If you're on vacation or simply out of town, you just let us know and we store your share for you until you return. Then, you schedule a day and your share will be waiting in an insulated picnic cooler for you to pickup here at the farm, at your convenience.
- Super Healthy! Everyone knows the benefits of eating super-fresh, local, organic vegetables. With a CSA program, the vegetables are provided right to you, which makes eating them a priority and a necessity! There is no putting off eating those healthy vegetables when they're already waiting in your refrigerator. One CSA member confided in me that she lost 30 pounds last season, and did nothing different besides eating her full CSA share each week. I was astounded, but healthy eating obviously makes a big difference!
- We grow year-round! Through the use of season extension, hoophouse, greenhouse, and indoor growing area, we grow fresh, local food 365 days a year right here on our family farm in NW Illinois! This is how we're able to have such an extra-long CSA Program, running from May through December, as well as a winter micro-greens program.
We still have a handful of spots left in the upcoming 2015 Community Supported Agriculture program here at our farm! If you'd like to reserve your spot, please send in your form soon (contact me via email or phone if you need the form, or visit our web site at www.wishfulacresfarm.com). You may pay with installments, but all installments are due by the start of the CSA season in May, so the clock is ticking!