Sunday, May 25, 2014
Pizza recipe featuring our farm greens!
Here is yet another way to eat our farm's delicious greens. Using items from this week's CSA share, here is a truly delicious, easy, beautiful recipe for a pizza with greens! Enjoy!
- 1 flour tortilla shell (the bigger size the better, this is your easy thin pizza crust!)
- pizza sauce of your choice
- fresh greens from Wishful Acres Farm! This pizza pictured is made with several types of our fresh greens, chopped up, including:
Asian greens mix
- shredded cheese of your choice
- any other optional ingredients of your choice: this pizza pictured has chopped pickled jalapeños, and Italian herb blend spices sprinkled on top. It also has some meatballs in the sauce (hey, we use our leftovers creatively around here! The sauce fed our 3 young boys on spaghetti night earlier in the week! :)
Place flour tortilla on a baking sheet. Pour your favorite spaghetti sauce into the crust, and spread with a spoon. Then top heaping full of the chopped farm fresh greens. End with a sprinkling of shredded cheese (mozzarella is shown). Bake in a 400 degree oven until crust is crunchy as you prefer, an cheese is melted. Just keep an eye on it, but the time will probably be about 10-15 minutes at most.