Saturday, June 15, 2013
CSA members of our farm reap the benefits! HUGE & beautiful shares.
Look at the beautiful organically-grown vegetables! Yesterday, the members of our farm's CSA program (Community Supported Agriculture) all received a "share" that looked exactly like this. What a great value, and a delicious way to eat. Our CSA members reap the benefits of this beautiful weather (no drought!)! This share is HUGE. It barely fit into 2 paper grocery bags or 4 plastic grocery bags, and was overflowing from both options. Those that brought their own re-usable bags were barely able to fit all the bounty into 3 bags. What was in this gorgeous share of produce?
- 2 bags washed lettuce mix (green and red mixed together)
- 1 giant head of Red Romaine lettuce
- 1 head of Green Romaine lettuce
- 1 big bunch French Breakfast radishes
- 1 huge head Napa Cabbage
- 1 head Pak Choi (Asian vegetable, great for stir fry)
- 1 kohlrabi
- 1 big head Escarole (Italian green)
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard
- 1 bunch garlic scapes
- 1 bag fresh dill herb
WOW!!! I am so appreciative of our CSA members - they are the fuel that keeps this farm running. And did I mention that the CSA is the only way our vegetables, herbs, and fruits are being sold this year? Hope you'll join us next time!